Coffindo Joined The 19th Annual Asia International Coffee Conference 2013
POSTED ON 10.12.2013
The 19th Annual Asia International Coffee Conference 2014 with the theme “Coffee Outlook” has held its annual event from December 4th-6th, 2013. It was held in Park Hyatt Saigon, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam. This was an Asia’s only coffee industry event and the world’s prominent coffee gathering in Asia.
The conference was attended by many Vietnam Government and Coffee Leaders which amongst them are Doan Xuan Hoa (Vice Deputy Director, Agro-Processing & Trade, Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development of Vietnam), Do Ha Nam (Chairman cum General Director, Intimex Group Joint Stock Company), Luong Van Tu (Chairman Vietnam Coffee-Cocoa Association [VICOFA]), Jonathan W. Clark (General Manager Dakman Vietnam Ltd. Member of ED&F MAN Coffee Division), and Nguyen Nam Hai (General Director Vinacafe).
In addition, for the very first time, Irfan Anwar as the CEO of Coffindo and Chairman of Association of Indonesian Coffee Exporters and Industries (AICE) joined the conference as a speaker and one of International Coffee Experts. Mr. Anwar spoke about the condition of coffee in Indonesia and introduced audience about the potential of our coffee. As a representative, Mr. Anwar was accompanied by Mr. Hassan Widjaja from AEKI-AICE and also Mr. Raja Mangala Hutagalung as an International Marketer of PT. Coffindo, Indonesia.
The conference day one was held on Thursday, December 5th, 2013 talked about:
- Development in Vietnam, Speaker: Doan Xuan Hoa (Vice Deputy Director, Agro Processing & Trade, Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development of Vietnam).
- Global Coffee Outlook, Speaker: Jinlong Wang (Chairman, Starbucks China and Senior Vice President, Business Development, Starbucks China & Asia Pacific).
- Coffee Quality, Speaker: Jonathan W.Clark (General Manager, Dakman Vietnam Ltd, Member of ED & F MAN Coffee Division).
- Sustainability The Next Frontier, Speaker: Nguyen Van Thiet (Country Representative, UT Certified Vietnam, Do Ngoc Sy Manager Vietnam, 4 C Coffee Association).
The next day which was the last day at Friday, December 6th, 2013 the conference talked about:
- Global Market Updates:
• Jiahang Wu, Chief Representative for Greater China and Rep-Office Director, Colombian Coffee Grower.
• Indonesian Coffee Industry Outlook:
Speaker: Irfan Anwar, Chairman and CEO, Association of Indonesia Coffee Exporters and Industries (AICE) and PT. Indonesia Specialty Coffee.
- Traders Roundtable: The Traders add value in an evolving coffee Market
By Manish Dhawan, Senior Vice President, Coffee, Olam.
- Alex Gruber, Chief Representative of Vietnam.
- Future Trends in Coffee Markets:
Gerard Staplet on, Head of south East Asian Research, LMC International Ltd
Carlos Henrique Jorge Brando, Director, P&A International Marketing.
- Close of Conference Day Two.
Moreover, by joining the worldwide event and conference like this, we wish it could show and keep the existence of Indonesian coffee and increasing the value to any coffee players in the whole world.